12 Toxic Lies the Food Industry Keeps Telling You in 2021

The Captain
By The Captain April 4, 2021

12 Toxic Lies the Food Industry Keeps Telling You in 2021 1

#5. All whole-grain foods are healthy

Recently, more and more people have become aware of the health benefits of whole grains. These unprocessed cereals are loaded with nutrients. Multiple studies have proven that consuming foods made with whole grains can reduce your risk of type 2 diabetes and heart disease.

The problem?

According to the Whole Grains Council, a product can be labeled as ‘whole grain’ if it has 51% whole grain or more. This means that the other 49% of the ingredients used can be refined grains or other unhealthy, heavily processed substances.

This is one of the few lies on our list so many people believe. In fact, this 2011 study concluded that most parents believe that a product labeled as ‘whole grain’ is much healthier than alternatives. What’s worse, these foods usually contain more sodium or sugar than their whole grain-free competitors.

 

RELATED: Bread From A-Z: Health Benefits, Risks and Bonus Tips to Eat it Right

«1234567891011121314»

«1 ... 5 6 7 ... 14»


Leave a comment
Wellness Captain
Go to top

Learn The One Simple Thing You Need To Do for Energy and Weight Loss