Shake It Up! This Beet Smoothie Recipe Is Tasty AND Nutritious
To be honest, there are very few people who link the word ‘smoothie’ with ‘beet.’ Mix it with the right ingredients, though, and you can get maximum benefits from this healthy vegetable. The best part? It’s actually quite tasty!
The trick about this beet smoothie is to add other strong-flavored ingredients that create a healthy balance to make both your taste buds and digestive tract happy.
Ready? Let’s shake it up!
Sweet Beet Smoothie
- 1 small beet. Aside from being very low in calories, beets are also a valuable source of micronutrients such as vitamin C, potassium and folate. This veggie may help to reduce high blood pressure and its fiber content adds satiety to your smoothie.
- ¼ cup frozen pineapple. If you’re skeptical about including beet in your smoothie, adding the almighty pineapple can smoothen its flavor perfectly. Aside from its unforgettable tropical taste, this ingredient also provides extra sweetness in a natural way.
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt. This is probably the best choice for increasing the protein content in your smoothie. Greek yogurt is also rich in healthy bacteria that makes digestion easier throughout the day, which is why this beet smoothie can be a great breakfast addition. To make the smoothie vegan, you can pick a dairy-free yogurt or skip the ingredient altogether.
- 1-2 tsp honey. Sweet, savory and packed with antioxidants, honey is one of the best ways you can sweeten any I’d say you can add as much as you like, but make sure to stay within normal limits.
- ¾ cup almond milk. This type of milk seems to work best for smoothies in terms of taste, but you can choose any option you like.
Captain’s Tip: Add 1 cup of mixed blueberries to your smoothie. This fruit complements the pineapple flavor perfectly while giving you a healthy dose of antioxidants that help to fight off toxic free radicals. Don’t know what free radicals are? Check out my post right here for more info.
- Add the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Enjoy!
Looking for something sweeter? Try our delicious cherry smoothie recipe right here!