12 Delicious Foods That Help You Fight Sugar Cravings
Foods to fight your sugar cravings:
- Fruit – When people crave sugar, they reach for high-fat, high-sugar foods such as chocolate. Even so, swapping junk food with some fruits when you feel the need for something sweet can make your day better. Fruits are naturally sweet, but they also contain a lot of beneficial plant compounds and fibers, which allows you to have your fix AND keep it healthy.
- Berries – Berries are a fantastic choice when it comes to sugar cravings. They have a sweet taste, but they’re also rich in fiber, which makes them quite low in sugar. If you suspect that your sugar cravings come from an old habit, for example when you watch TV, try swapping whatever you enjoyed chewing with berries!
- Dark chocolate – As I’ve said before, chocolate is by far one of the reported foods people absolutely LOVE to snack on. If you’re craving chocolate, you might as well make a healthier choice and go for dark chocolate. Dark chocolate contains more than 70% cocoa. It’s also rich in healthy plant compounds known as polyphenols. There are some studies that show how those polyphenols have positive antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects on health.
- Snack bars – Unfortunately, most snack bars are high in fat and sugar. But if you’re still dreaming of chewing a snack bar on your lunch break, don’t worry, you have options! Look for a snack bar with whole oats and sweetened with dried fruits, rather than sugar. Also, watch out for those “healthy” products that have “better sugars”, like honey, agave syrup, or coconut sugar. It’s still added sugar, and they’re not as good as you might think.
- Chia seeds – Chia seeds are a great source of important nutrients, such as omega-3 fatty acids, soluble dietary fiber, and some healthy plant compounds. In fact, did you know that soluble fiber accounts for 40% of chia seeds? This kind of fiber rapidly absorbs water and swells up to form a jelly-like substance in your gut, which helps you feel fuller for longer and prevents any other kind of cravings.
Green Shakes: The One Thing You Need
for Energy and Weight Loss
How to get in shape and become healthier
in one simple step