12 Delicious Foods That Help You Fight Sugar Cravings
- Sugar-free chewing gum or mints – Chewing gum can be a great alternative for your sugar cravings. There are gum and mints that have artificial sweeteners, but with fewer calories.
- Legumes – Legumes like lentils, beans, and chickpeas are a great source of fiber and protein. Why do I recommend legumes when it comes to sugar cravings? Well, these legumes can help you feel fuller and reduce hunger-driven sugar cravings.
- Yogurt – It probably slipped your mind that yogurt can be a hell-of-a snack, right? It helps regulate your appetite and control your cravings, especially the Greek one!
- Sweet potatoes – Sweet potatoes are extremely nutritious and filling. On top of that, they’re also sweet! They contain a lot of good carbs, fiber, and a substantial number of vitamins and minerals, like vitamin A, vitamin C, and potassium.
- Meat, poultry, and fish – By including a source of meat, poultry, or fish in your meals, you can prevent sugar cravings. Even more, if you’re trying to lose weight, eating the right amounts of protein may have a big impact on the process.
- Smoothies – If you want something sweet, smoothies are a good option. The sweetness of the fruits combined with the filling effect a yogurt might have will definitely put your cravings at ease!
- Sugar-free soda – Soda is super sweet, so it doesn’t come as a surprise if drinking it in high amounts can be linked to many diseases, like heart disease and diabetes. But deciding to completely cut them off the list can be difficult at times, especially for soda drinkers. That’s why you can consider switching to a sugar-free version.
If you enjoyed reading this article, we also recommend reading: 10 Healthy Substitutes for Refined Sugar
Green Shakes: The One Thing You Need
for Energy and Weight Loss
How to get in shape and become healthier
in one simple step