12 Foods To Eat if You Have Diabetes
Foods to eat if you have diabetes:
- Fatty fish – Salmon, sardines, herring, anchovies, or mackerel, are all great sources of omega-3 fatty acids. Eating these fats on a regular basis is very important for people with diabetes, as they have an increased risk of stroke and heart disease. Researchers also indicate that people who eat fatty fish regularly will have a lower risk of acute coronary syndrome, like a heart attack.
- Leafy greens – Not only are leafy greens low in calories, but they’re also extremely nutritious. Because they are low in digestible carbs (those carbs absorbed by the body), they won’t significantly affect blood sugar levels. Leafy greens such as spinach, and kale are a great source of minerals and vitamins, especially vitamin C.
- Avocados – Avocados are the best, as they only have 1 gram of sugar, few carbohydrates, a high fiber content, and they’re rich in healthy fats. By eating avocados, you won’t have to worry about them raising your blood sugar levels.
- Eggs – By eating eggs regularly, you reduce your heart disease risk in many ways. Eggs decrease inflammation, improve insulin sensitivity, increase HDL (which is the good cholesterol) levels, and change the size of your LDL (the bad cholesterol levels).
- Chia seeds – Chia seeds are an excellent choice for people with diabetes. They’re rich in fiber, but low in digestible carbs. Even more, the viscous fiber in chia seeds will lower your blood sugar levels, as they slow down the rate at which food moves through the gut and is absorbed.
- Beans – If you’re looking for something affordable, and super healthy, this is the answer. They are a type of legume-rich in B vitamins, and other beneficial minerals, such as calcium, potassium, and magnesium. They also have a very low glycemic index, which is very important for managing diabetes.
Green Shakes: The One Thing You Need
for Energy and Weight Loss
How to get in shape and become healthier
in one simple step