14 Foods To Lower Your High Blood Pressure
Best foods to combat high blood pressure:
- Citrus fruits – Grapefruit, oranges, and lemons for example, all have powerful blood-pressure-lowering effects. Loaded with vitamins, minerals, and different plant compounds, they keep your heart healthy by reducing heart disease risk factors, such as high blood pressure.
- Salmon and other fatty fish – Fatty fish are one of the best sources of omega-3 fats, which have a significant impact on heart health benefits. These fats help reduce your blood pressure levels, as they reduce inflammation and decrease levels of blood-vessel-constricting compounds.
- Swiss chard – Swiss chard is a leafy green that’s full of blood-pressure-regulating nutrients, such as potassium and magnesium. For those who suffer from high blood pressure, taking a 0.6-grams per day increase of dietary potassium is mostly associated with a 1.0mm Hg reduction in SBP and a 0.52 mm Hg reduction in DBP.
- Pumpkin seeds – Although they might be small, they’re a great addition to our diets. Pumpkin seeds have a concentrated source of nutrients that are important for blood pressure control, such as magnesium, potassium, and arginine, which is an amino acid needed for the production of nitric oxide. Nitric oxide is essential for blood vessel relaxation and blood pressure reduction.
- Beans and lentils – Beans and lentils are full of nutrients that regulate our blood pressure, like fiber, magnesium, and potassium. There are numerous studies that show how eating beans and lentils help lower high blood pressure.
- Berries – Berries are impressively good for many health problems. As they are a rich source of antioxidants, including anthocyanins (which are basically the pigments that give berries their vibrant color), they increase the nitric oxide levels in the blood and reduce the production of blood-vessel-restricting molecules.
- Amaranth – By eating whole grains like amaranth, you can lower your blood pressure levels. Studies show that diets that are focused on these whole grains decrease the risk of high blood pressure.
- Pistachios – Pistachios are very nutritious, and their consumption can improve our blood pressure levels. They contain potassium, which is essential for heart health and blood pressure regulation. In fact, among all the nuts, pistachio intake has the strongest effect on reducing SBP and DBP.
Green Shakes: The One Thing You Need
for Energy and Weight Loss
How to get in shape and become healthier
in one simple step