Shake It Up! Your Healthy Strawberry Smoothie Recipe Is Here
I think smoothies are an essential part of any diet: they’re fulfilling, tasty and can be a great source of nutrients you wouldn’t otherwise get. This strawberry smoothie is not only healthy, but also versatile so it matches any taste.
One of my favorite smoothie recipes for the spring-summer season is the strawberry spinach one. I usually choose recipes with fresh ingredients I can easily find at any grocery store.
If you think it’s a strange combination, you’re not alone. However, the strawberry sweetness complements the subtle raw spinach flavor perfectly. The smoothie is full of essential nutrients which make it a great post-workout choice, as well as a balanced breakfast drink.
Thirsty enough? Let’s shake it up!
Strawberry Smoothie Recipe
- 10 strawberries. One of the best sources of vitamin C, strawberries are also filled with folate, manganese and potassium.
- 3 cups spinach. It is such a great source of iron and healthy fiber! Although it’ll make your smoothie green, it has a surprisingly subtle flavor.
- ¼ cup pineapple. Just a few cubes of pineapple are more than enough to turn this smoothie into a sweet, tropical-flavored drink that cools you off on a hot summer day.
- 1 ripe banana. This ingredient is essential to obtain that thick texture of a perfect smoothie. The more ripe the banana, the sweeter your drink will be.
- 1 cup milk of choice. You can do for plain cow’s milk or almond milk to make the recipe vegan.
- 1 tbsp chia seeds/Greek yogurt. To be honest, this isn’t an essential ingredient, but it is a very valuable source of Omega-3 fatty acids and protein, so why not?
Captain’s Tip: Using frozen fruits ensures that you have the perfect texture. I like to get the fresh ingredients and freeze them in bags according to the quantities required / smoothie. This way I have my smoothie recipe ready at any time.
- Add the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Enjoy!