Moles – Causes, Warning Signs and Prevention
The ABCDE warning signs for unusual moles
- A is for asymmetrical shape. One half is different than the other half.
- B is for border. Some moles have irregular, scalloped borders.
- C is for color. Some moles modified their color, having more colors or uneven color.
- D is for diameter. Moles larger than 1/4 inch (about 6 millimeters) should be checked out by a dermatologist.
- E is for evolving. Look for growth that changes in size, shape, color or height.
People with unusual moles have a higher risk of developing melanoma, the most serious type of skin cancer. See also 6 Disease Symptoms You Should Never Ignore!