Shake It Up! Your Healthy Apple Smoothie Recipe Is Here
Red, green, sweet or a bit sour, apples are by far one of my favorite fruits for any season. Their crunchy texture and refreshing flavor are perfect to cool me off during a hot summer day; at the same time, though, they make the perfect ingredient for delicious desserts (served hot or cold).
My choice for today? A healthy apple smoothie that gives you energy after a workout while also being a tasty breakfast choice. The best part? It only takes a few minutes to get ready!
If you’re ready, let’s shake it up!
Healthy Apple Smoothie Recipe
- 1 apple. This recipe works best with honeycrisp, fuji or gala apples but any type of apple you have at home is great too.
- ¼ cup oatmeal. Blended oatmeal gives a creamy texture; just make sure that you use rolled oats or quick oats and avoid steel cut oats.
- ¼ cup almond milk. You can use any other type of milk; almond milk is a vegan-friendly choice that helps you blend the smoothie well.
- 1 tbsp peanut butter. This key-ingredient adds plenty of healthy fats and gives a flavor similar to the oh-so-tasty classic apple pie.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract. This flavor enhances the taste of apples especially when combined with almond milk.
- ½ tbsp maple syrup. This is the ideal choice for a healthy sugar substitute.
Captain’s Tip: Adding a few chunks of banana makes the smoothie even creamier, while adding plenty of nutrients.
- Add the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Enjoy!