The Ultimate 7-Days Diabetes Meal Plan: Day 3
Hello, thanks for sticking around for day 3 of our Diabetes Meal Plan! In case you missed the first 2 days, you can click here to get started. I completely fell in love with yesterday’s taco bowl and if you feel the same, you’ll definitely enjoy today’s menu.
Before we move on to today’s menu of the diabetes meal plan, I want to share a secret tip. Our everyday snacks feature mostly fruits; in case you thought about making fruit juice out of them, don’t.
The sugar naturally found in fruits is still sugar and drinking juice provides you with way more sugar than your body would get by eating the whole fruit. Plus, why miss on the delicious texture of a soft plum or orange?
Diabetes Meal Plan: Day 3
Breakfast: Cinnamon Roll Overnight Oats (see recipe here)
Lunch: Chipotle-Lime Cauliflower Taco Bowls (see recipe here)
Dinner: Chicken Sausage & Peppers + cooked brown rice
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 medium red, yellow, orange, and/or green sweet peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 (12 ounce) package Italian-flavor cooked chicken sausage
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Coat a baking pan with cooking spray and combine peppers, onion and tomatoes there. Drizzle the vegetables with oil and vinegar. Roast for about 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, push the vegetables to one side and place the sausage in the pan. Roast for 10-15 minutes or until the sausage is well heated.
Click here for day 4 of our Diabetes Meal Plan!