Shake It Up! This Delicious Cherry Smoothie Kickstarts Your Day
You know those lazy mornings you wish you could cancel everything and just lay in the sun all day long? I surely do, especially since summer is here and we could all use a break considering the last few months.
The only thing that saves the day for me right now is a delicious smoothie: it’s quick, nutritious and cools me off instantly. Sweet fruit flavors provide energy to kickstart the morning while milk and chia seeds offer satiety until the next meal. The combination between cherries and banana creates an unforgettable flavor that even pleases my sweet tooth, especially when I also add some vanilla extract to it. Simply perfect!
This cherry smoothie recipe is so, so easy and literally takes just a few minutes; are you ready? Let’s shake it up!
Sweet Cherry Smoothie Recipe
- 2 cups cherries. I recommend using sweet cherries due to their flavor, but if you only have tart cherries available add a drizzle of honey for the perfect flavor.
- 1/2 banana. Aside from offering satiety, bananas create a smooth texture while loading your cherry smoothie with healthy carbs and glucose.
- 1 ½ cup milk of choice. Calcium, protein and flavor – what else could you ask for? In this case, I’d go for unsweetened almond milk or cashew milk because their flavor matches cherries, but you can absolutely choose any type of milk you like.
- 1 ripe banana. This ingredient is essential to obtain that thick texture of a perfect smoothie. The more ripe the banana, the sweeter your drink will be.
- ½ tsp vanilla extract. Adding a few drops of vanilla extract puts a spotlight on the cherry flavor, turning your smoothie into an explosion of flavor.
Captain’s Tip: The banana should be as ripe as possible (the ones with dark spots are perfect). The riper the banana, the sweeter your cherry smoothie will be!
- Add the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Enjoy!
Looking for something sweeter? Try our strawberry smoothie instead – recipe here!