Shake It Up! This Green Mango Smoothie Sends You on a Vacation
Mango Smoothie Recipe
As you may know from my previous post when I shared the perfect sweet cherry smoothie recipe, I’m not that much of a morning person. I think smoothies are the ideal way of reaching your daily nutritional needs with minimum effort, all in a very tasty way (another reason why I’m so thankful for the invention of blenders)!
Today, I want to share a powerful green mango smoothie recipe that is ideal for vegetarians, vegans, and those on a paleo diet. You can drink it as your breakfast, but it’s also great as an afternoon snack or a post-workout drink.
Fresh, delicious, tropical – that’s how I’d describe this green mango smoothie. Without further introduction, let’s shake it up!
Green Mango Smoothie Recipe
- frozen mango. Frozen mangoes are perfectly ripe, which is why I recommend them; however, if you have ripe mango at your local store, use it by all means.
- 1/2 banana. Bananas offer sweetness and help you create a creamy texture. Other great alternatives are pineapple and peaches, both of which add to the tropical flavor of your green mango smoothie.
- spinach/kale. Tropical flavors are some of the best masks for greens, which makes your drink both tasty and healthier. Baby spinach has a milder flavor, but you can also use kale if you have it at hand.
- chia seeds. This is a great way of adding protein to your smoothie and I’d say it’s an essential ingredient for vegans!
- orange juice. Citrus is the key to unlocking the tropical flavors of the ingredients mentioned above. You can use only orange juice, or combine it with some…
- milk. Since we’re going for a tropical taste here, coconut milk works best to obtain an unforgettable flavor. However, as always, you can use any type of milk you like.
Captain’s Tip: You can add some dates to have some texture in your smoothie, as well as extra sweetness. Just make sure you have a high-quality blender that combines all the ingredients nicely, like this one; after all, it’s called smoothie for a reason, right?
- Add the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Enjoy!