Shake It Up This Halloween With Our Delicious Pumpkin Smoothie
Aside from being a must on everyone’s list of Halloween foods, pumpkins are also a great source of antioxidants and vitamins that keep you healthy and strengthen your immune system. If you still need any more reasons to consume this wonder fruit, here’s our list of 7 health benefits provided by pumpkins.
Luckily, there are plenty of healthy ways you can enjoy this colorful fruit – and what better way to start the day than by drinking a filling, delicious pumpkin smoothie?
If you’re ready, let’s shake it up and check out the recipe:
Delicious Pumpkin Smoothie
- 1 banana. Our all-time favorite ingredient for any smoothie, banana makes your beverage creamier, sweeter and brings out the unforgettable taste of pumpkin perfectly. To maximize its benefits and flavor, make sure that your banana is as ripe as possible.
- 1 tbsp almond or pecan butter. This is where all the healthy fats and protein are coming from. These types of butter work best in terms of flavor, but peanut butter is equally great. And to make sure you choose and store yours right, check out these 7 mistakes even YOU might make with peanut butter.
- ½ cup pumpkin puree. Needless to say, this is the star of our smoothie recipe: healthy, naturally sweet and colorful, pumpkin is an excellent source of antioxidants that help your body fight off any disease during the cold season.
- ½ cup plain yogurt. Whether you choose Greek yogurt or its vegan alternative of non-dairy yogurt, this ingredient adds satiety and makes your smoothie creamier.
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon. How could we enjoy such a delicious smoothie without some cinnamon? You can add as much as you like if you make sure that you buy an organic version.
- Add the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Enjoy!
Looking for something different? Our green kale smoothie recipe is much more delicious than you think, I promise!