Shake It Up! This Kale Smoothie Is Great For This Fall
Okay, I’ll admit it: kale may not be the most savory food out there, but a kale smoothie is a whole different thing. This superfood is packed with essential nutrients that kickstart your day or get you back on track post-workout. If you add a ripe banana, fresh pineapple and creamy peanut butter, trust me – you won’t want another green smoothie ever again.
At least that was the case for me and my family, since this recipe is also kid-friendly. While I’m not against the kale taste that much, I love that you can’t feel its flavor here at all.
Ready? Let’s shake it up!
Kale Green Smoothie
- 2 cups chopped kale. Fiber, antioxidants, calcium, vitamin K, iron – you name it, kale has it. A single cup of raw kale offers more vitamin C than an orange. The best part is that you don’t have to cook this ingredient at all to use it in your smoothie.
- ¼ cup pineapple. This is the magical fruit that hides the kale flavor – and any other green plant for that matter. Pineapple is also a great source of antioxidants and manganese; if you don’t have pineapple, you can substitute it for mango, which has a similar taste effect.
- 1 banana. Our yellow guest of honor enhances the sweet flavor of pineapple and makes your smoothie creamier. Use the ripest banana you have for great results.
- 2 tbsp peanut butter. A well-known source of healthy fats, the saltiness of peanut butter brings out the tropical pineapple flavor and complements the nutritional benefits of this drink.
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt. This simple ingredient adds to the creaminess of the smoothie while making it even more fulfilling. You can opt for non-dairy yogurt if you need.
- ¾ cup almond milk. This type of milk seems to work best for smoothies in terms of taste, but you can choose any option you like.
- 1-3 tsp honey. As I said, this smoothie is kid-friendly so instead of plain old sugar you can add honey; it helps to regulate the GI tract and protects your throat from the cold season ahead.
- Add the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Enjoy!
Looking for something fresh? Try our watermelon smoothie recipe right here!