Shake It Up! This Strawberry Spinach Smoothie Is Purely Delicious
When I first started making smoothies for myself, I was looking for the most exotic fruits or veggies to include in my recipes. I was also spending an almost concerning amount of money on ingredients marketed as ‘superfoods’ which could ‘miraculously’ make me healthy.
Truth is, the best superfoods are plain, whole foods filled with valuable nutrients!
But how could I enjoy spinach or kale when I wasn’t accustomed to this type of diet at all? That’s when it struck me: I could use my smoothie-making skills to reap the health benefits of leafy greens while still enjoying the overall flavor.
So, with that in mind, today I want to show you an actually tasty way of enjoying spinach if you’re not such a big fan.
If you’re ready, let’s shake it up and check out the recipe:
Strawberry Spinach Smoothie
- 1 cup strawberries. They’re naturally sweet, have an amazing color and a renowned source of vitamin C and antioxidants. What else could you ask for from a delicious fruit?
- 3 cups spinach. Since it’s low in carbs and high in fiber, spinach is ideal for most diets out there. The fiber content regulates your GI tract, while its nutrients improve your immunity. Special note: your smoothie will end up green, but trust me, it’s the only thing you’ll sense here!
- ¼ cup pineapple. Aside from sending you to a tropical vacation, the pineapple flavor blends in unexpectedly well with strawberries. This fruit is naturally sweet, which means it can cover up the spinach flavor while giving you a well-needed dose of vitamin C.
- 1 medium banana. This is my all-time favorite ingredient for any Aside from making every beverage sweeter, bananas create a thick, creamy texture while offering fiber and antioxidants. Not convinced yet? Here are 9 amazing things that happen every time you eat a banana!
- 1 cup almond milk. Of all vegan alternatives, I think almond milk is the best option for a complete, unforgettable flavor. However, you can also opt for cow’s milk or other options you’re used to.
- 1 tbsp chia seeds. These little guys are an excellent, natural source of antioxidants which guard your cells from toxic free radicals. They’re very rich in omega-3 fatty acids which reduce the long-term risks of heart problems – and those are just two of their valuable health benefits (you can check the rest in my post right here).
Captain’s Tip: Use frozen strawberries to amplify the thick texture of your smoothie. After all, the final result should be ‘smooth,’ right?
- Add the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Enjoy!
Looking for something sweeter? This blueberry smoothie recipe might be just what you need for a fresh, flavored morning!