Start Your Week Right with Our Delicious Banana Avocado Smoothie
I haven’t always liked to eat fruits. In fact, there was a time during high school I was going mad about snacks, chips and other empty calorie sources. It was only when I became a young adult that my body started screaming ‘We need vitamins!’
It wasn’t a literal scream, of course, but our bodies truly send us important signals if we listen to them. A vitamin deficiency can translate into unexplained fatigue, hair loss, acne, thin nails and other unpleasant symptoms.
If you’re in this situation right now – and you’re not a fruit person – I get it and I’m here to help. I think smoothies are in fact the only way some people can meet their daily nutrient intake, which is one of the main reasons why our website offers so many free smoothie recipes.
Today, I want to show you a new recipe that meets your physical needs of vitamins, antioxidants and fat. The best part? It’s also incredibly tasty!
If you’re ready, let’s shake it up!
Banana avocado smoothie
- ½ avocado. This is by far one of the healthiest fat sources you can ever get. While I know avocado isn’t exactly tasty on its own, the combination between this wonder fruit and our other ingredients on the list will create a creamy texture that hides the avocado flavor perfectly.
- 1 medium banana. If you’ve been following our smoothie series for a while, you know banana is my all-time favorite ingredient. This fruit is naturally sweet, has a strong flavor and can create a creamy texture that gives any smoothie the right consistency. In this case, it’s a crucial ingredient to cover the strong taste of our next item on the list…
- 1 cup fresh spinach. Once again, it’s not on our kids’ list of favorite foods, but spinach can make a huge difference in your diet. It’s one of the best sources of insoluble fiber out there, which regulates digestion and prevents constipation. It also has vitamins A, C, K and an impressive dosage of iron. This recipe is ideal to hide the spinach flavor while getting its nutritional benefits.
- 2 cups frozen blueberries. Not only are these forest fruits incredibly tasty, but they also come with a well-needed amount of antioxidants. These compounds keep you healthy by attacking toxic free radicals which damage the cells in your body; they’re a powerful ally for your immunity, which is a major benefit especially during the flu season.
- 1 tbsp almond butter. This ingredient helps us achieve that perfect creamy texture, but it also increases the fat content of our smoothie. You can pick any type of nut butter you like as long as it doesn’t have added flavors or artificial ingredients.
- ¼ tsp cinnamon. Although this is just an optional ingredient, I promise it can make a huge difference to your final recipe.
Captain’s Tip: Make sure that your banana is as ripe as possible; in fact, those with black spots on them are ideal!
- Add the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Enjoy!
Got any apple leftovers? Turn them into this delicious cleansing apple smoothie recipe to get the energy you need every morning!