The Ultimate 7-Days Diabetes Meal Plan: Getting Started (Day 1)
Diabetes is one of the most common illnesses of the 21st century. Fortunately, we can keep it under control with proper medication and a healthy lifestyle.
However, it takes plenty of effort – and I know it. Every choice you make on a daily basis can have a positive or negative impact over your health. You have to watch everything you eat since many foods or ingredients are forbidden or not recommended for those with diabetes.
Since Wellness Captain is dedicated to helping our community become healthier in easy ways, I decided to offer you a 7-days diabetes meal plan for the summer.
Why should you try it?
- It’s time saving because we all have better things to do than daily menus;
- It is balanced enough to give you the essential nutrients your body needs daily;
- It’s tasty and varied proving just how many things a diabetic can actually enjoy without worries.
Of course, you can also read the diabetes meal plan and choose only a few meals you find interesting or mix them up according to your preferences. However, its current structure helps you reach your daily caloric and nutritious needs.
If you have any other ideas or meal suggestions, please do share them with us in the comment section!
7 Days Diabetes Meal Plan: Day 1
Breakfast: Bagel Avocado Toast
- ¼ medium avocado, mashed
- 1 slice whole-grain bread, toasted
- 2 teaspoons everything bagel seasoning
Lunch: Veggies & Hummus Sandwich
- 2 slices whole-grain bread
- 3 tablespoons hummus
- ¼ avocado, mashed
- ½ cup mixed salad greens
- ¼ medium red bell pepper, sliced
- ¼ cup sliced cucumber
- ¼ cup shredded carrot
- Spread the slices of bread with hummus and avocado. Fill the sandwich with the remaining ingredients and serve.
Snack: 1 medium apple; sprinkle it with cinnamon for extra flavor!
Dinner: Slow Cooker Vegetable Soup
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 12 ounces fresh green beans, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 3 Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans no-salt-added white beans, rinsed
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth or low-sodium vegetable broth
- Salt, pepper, red-wine vinegar to taste
- Combine all of the ingredients in a slow cooker. Cook on High for 4 hours or Low for 6 hours.
Click here for day 2 of our Diabetes Meal Plan!