The Ultimate 7-Days Diabetes Meal Plan: Day 2
Welcome to our second day of the 7-day diabetes meal plan! I hope you enjoyed yesterday’s men. In case you haven’t checked it out yet, click here to get started. Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day so I’d say the bagel was amazing!
For today’s diabetes meal plan, we’re having a balanced mix between sweet and hearty meals that satisfy your taste buds while providing essential nutrients. I mean, taco bowls and cinnamon rolls? I’m all in!
Diabetes Meal Plan: Day 2
Breakfast: Cinnamon Roll Overnight Oats
- 2 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 1/2 cups milk (almond works best by me)
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Stir all of the ingredients in a large bowl. You can refrigerate the meal overnight or for up to 5 days.
- Serve with your favorite fruits as toppings.
Lunch: Chipotle-Lime Cauliflower Taco Bowls
- ¼ cup lime juice (from about 2 limes)
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped chipotles in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 small head cauliflower
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 avocado
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F; prepare a large baking sheet with foil.
- Blend the lime juice, chipotles, honey, garlic and salt. Stir the sauce and cauliflower in a large bowl and transfer it to the baking sheet. Sprinkle onion and roast for 18-20 minutes, until the cauliflower becomes tender.
- Divide the quinoa into 4 containers, add the cauliflower mixture, ¼ cup black beans and cheese to taste (I recommend at least 2 tablespoons in each container). Your meals can be refrigerated for up to 4 days!
Snack: 1 apple sprinkled with cinnamon
Dinner: Lentil & Roasted Vegetable Salad
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 5 ounces trimmed green beans
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper, divided
- 2 ½ cups water
- ¾ cup green lentils
- ½ cup chopped fresh herbs, such as parsley
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons white miso
- 8 cups torn escarole or green leaf lettuce
- 2 cups thinly sliced kale
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Toss the broccoli and green beans on a large baking sheet. Sprinkle with oil, salt, pepper and roast them until tender (about 20 minutes).
- Bring water and lentils to a boil, cover and cook until tender (about 25 minutes). Rinse and drain.
- Blend together the herbs, mayonnaise, buttermilk, lemon juice, miso, salt and pepper until you get a smooth mixture.
- Toss the lettuce and kale with the roasted vegetables and lentils in a large bowl.