The Ultimate 7-Days Diabetes Meal Plan: Day 4
I don’t know about you, but yesterday’s dinner surely made me excited to find out what other delicious meals are on today’s menu. In case you missed the previous days of our diabetes meal plan, you can click here to get started.
Green Shakes: The One Thing You Need
for Energy and Weight Loss
How to get in shape and become healthier
in one simple step
I’ve already explained why and how this 7-day diabetes meal plan was created: a healthy solution to make your everyday life easier and tastier. I love the practicality of each day and the fact that I don’t need to cook a new meal daily (who has time for that anyway?). This menu just proves that you can enjoy hearty, nutritious meals every day if you stay organized and plan your meals ahead, which is amazing!
If you’re ready, let’s get to it!
Diabetes Meal Plan: Day 4
Breakfast: Cinnamon Roll Overnight Oats (see recipe here)
*Add ½ cup raspberries and 1 tbsp chopped pecans as topping.
Snack: 15 cherries
Lunch: Chipotle-Lime Cauliflower Taco Bowls (see recipe here)
Snack: 1 orange
Dinner: Lemon-Herb Salmon with Caponata & Farro
- 2 cups water
- ⅔ cup farro
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into pieces
- 1 summer squash, cut into pieces
- 1 small onion, cut into pieces
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 ¼ pounds wild salmon (see Tips), cut into 4 portions
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Position the raks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven and line them with baking sheets.
- Bring water and farro to a boil in a pan. Simmer for about 30 minutes or until tender.
- Toss the eggplant, bell pepper, tomatoes, onion and squash into a large bowl with salt, pepper and oil. Divide them equally between the two baking sheets. Roast the vegetables on the upper and lower racks until they become tender (about 25 minutes). Return them to the bowl and add vinegar, honey and capers.
- Season the salmon with lemon zest, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. Place it on a single baking sheet and roast on the lower rack for 6-12 minutes, just until it is cooked through.
Click here for day 5 of our Diabetes Meal Plan!