The Ultimate 7-Days Diabetes Meal Plan: Day 5
Hello again and welcome to day 5 of our Diabetes Meal Plan! In case you missed the other days, you can click here to enjoy the benefits of a healthy, delicious menu. By now, I know you ripped the benefits of an organized menu that your entire family can enjoy as well. Today’s menu saves the best for last so you can spoil yourself after a long day.
Diabetes Meal Plan: Day 5
Breakfast: Cinnamon Roll Overnight Oats (see recipe here)
*Add ½ cup raspberries and 1 tbsp chopped pecans as topping.
Snack: 15 cherries
Lunch: Chipotle-Lime Cauliflower Taco Bowls (see recipe here)
Snack: 1 plum
Dinner: Spaghetti Squash & Meatballs (source)
- 1 3-pound spaghetti squash
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley, divided
- ½ cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 ¼ teaspoons Italian seasoning, divided
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Halve the squash lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Place it facedown in a dish and microwave until you can scrap the flesh with a fork, about 10 minutes.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a skillet and cook the squash flesh until the moisture is evaporated (5-10 minutes). Remove from heat and cover.
- Combine the parsley, Parmesan, Italian seasoning, onion powder, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Add the turkey and gently mix, then form 12 meatballs with your hands.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a skillet, add the meatballs and cook on medium heat until they are browned all over. Add tomatoes, red pepper and stir until you coat the meatballs. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook until the meatballs are well cooked (10-12 minutes).
- Serve the meatballs and sauce along with the squash and extra Parmesan according to taste.
What’s been your favorite meal of the Diabetes Meal Plan so far? Let us know in the comments and let’s chat!