This Cleansing Apple Smoothie Kickstarts Your 2021 Perfectly
Welcome into 2021! After one of the longest, most challenging years of our lives, we’re now ready to embrace a new period of time which will (hopefully) be better.
And what better way to start this new year than by taking care of ourselves in a tasty, healthy way?
If you’re like me, the Holiday season is basically an ongoing feast which lasts for about one week – and it’s not exactly what I’d call ‘healthy.’ However, I do like to start my year with the right foot, which is why the first thing I do on January 1st is a cleansing smoothie.
First of all, it’s the quickest breakfast choice ever, which comes in handy after a night of partying hard at home by binge-watching my favorite TV shows. Secondly, I can already tell how much my body needs this detox process after all the junk food I had enjoyed on Christmas and New Year’s Eve.
And what better way to start the new year than by consuming healthy fats, protein, iron and sweetness all in one?
If you’re ready, let’s shake it up and check out the recipe:
Cleansing Apple Smoothie
- 1 medium avocado. As one of the best fat sources in the world, avocado is a must-have ingredient for extra satiety and a creamy smoothie texture. Even if you’re not usually a fan, I promise you won’t feel its taste at all thanks to my next ingredients…
- 2 apples. We already know that an apple a day keeps the doctor away. What you may not have known is that it’s a great weight loss ally due to its high fiber and water content. Apples are a great way of sweetening your smoothies naturally, which makes them the star of today’s beverage!
- 1 medium banana. If you’ve been following my smoothie recipe series, you’ve probably noticed there’s no smoothie without bananas – and for good reason. This simple ingredient makes any smoothie creamier. Looking for extra flavor? Make sure that your banana is as ripe as possible (as in black-spots kind of ripe).
- 4 cups spinach. My family was a bit reluctant when I mentioned this ingredient since spinach generally has a strong flavor – and it’s not exactly everybody’s favorite. However, the other ingredients make this recipe just balanced enough to offer a smooth spinach flavor.
- 2 tsp honey. Not only is honey a natural sweetener, but it’s also a powerful source of antioxidants. The only trick here is to read the label of your honey jar to make sure it doesn’t have any added flavors or artificial sugars.
Captain’s Tip: A pinch of ginger can turn this smoothie into a culinary masterpiece in no time. Simply add ½ tsp of ground ginger (or ¼-inch knob of fresh ginger) to your mix and you’ll be in for a great adventure of flavors.
- Add the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Enjoy!
Looking for something else? This blueberry smoothie recipe might be just what you need for a fresh, flavored morning!